2014 - In HindsightMonday, December 29, 2014
This year seems to have gone by even faster than the last one. I remember when I was younger I'd hear older people say that all the time but I never believed it would happen to me. It has sadly. It has.
Even though it seems to have whizzed by, this year was full of new experiences, first times, old traditions, and new friends. Here are some of the highlights.
- We had a New Year's Eve get together at our new place and rang in the new year with friends and a fire pit.
- John and I celebrated our one year anniversary.
- I had my one year work anniversary.
- I tried a new exercise - lyra.
- I finally stuck with and USED my planner for an entire year. I think I'm hooked.
- John and I got TWO dogs this year: Boyboy & Belle.
- We road tripped to San Diego! Day 1, Day 2, Day 3
- I learned how to paint...sort of.
- We got third place at Lion & The Rose Pub Trivia!
- I've been trying to sew a lot more. Hopefully I'll post some more updates in the future.
- I've gotten a lot better at cross stitching and am kind of ashamed I haven't shared any finished projects on here yet.
- I started cooking a whole lot more.
- Da, Brother, John, and I went kayaking downtown!
- We re-redid the living room.
- We had a Halloween party at our house.
- I turned 26!
- I volunteered for the Big Brothers Big Sisters program.
- I found a new idol - her name is Martha Stewart.
- I've started becoming more aware of current events and how biases and prejudices shape a lot of our future.
- We went to see Matisyahu in Austin.
- We visited an old-timey town - Enchanted Springs.
- John and I pretended to be tourist and took a barge ride on the Riverwalk.
- We took in a stray poodle for two nights and I miss him so much.
- Two of my favorite things - books and snail mail - were combined when I participated in my first Book Swap!
- I was nominated for a Liebster Award.
This year was seriously great. I love going back and looking at all the things I've done. It kind of puts things into perspective. The year may have felt like it went by in a flash but I got a lot of things done and am in a good place. I've got a roof, a family, a full time job, and the rest is basically up to me to make happen. And I'm confident I can continue to do that.