08 December 2014

Movies to Watch in December





The Christmas decorations have been up since before Halloween and the carols have been blaring since before Thanksgiving. I'm sure you're more than aware of how close it is to Christmas time.



But hey, let's say you've been living under a rock the past few months and you are not yet in the mood for hot chocolate, steaming mugs of coffee, and the smell of pine trees in the weirdest of places.

Why don't you watch some of my favorite December movies? They're not all about Christmas but they might make you rethink the hot chocolate part.


Bridget Jones's Diary 



Mum has had a crush on Colin Firth since she saw him in the BBC Pride and Prejudice mini-series years ago. She'll watch any movie with him in it and so by default I usually do too. He's kind of grown on me. He's great in this movie and so swoony. Bridget is hilarious and makes me feel better about my life when I'm having a shitty day. I want to be her friend.


Elf


My family watches Elf every year. We can't get enough of Will Ferrell and his naviete and big heart. There's no other movie that will bring along the Christmas spirit quite like Buddy.




How the Grinch Stole Christmas


When I say I love How the Grinch Stole Christmas I am only referring to the animated thirty minute version. I absolutely love how cute the Grinch looks. The moral isn't bad either. I've seen this movie so many times I can probably quote the entire thing. I also can't get the song out of my head for at least a week and no, that's not a complaint.






Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer


I loved this movie so much when I was younger that I broke the VHS. I would watch it all the time. Constantly. I'm sure my parents hated me for a bit. Another movie that I can quote my entire way through. I love every single one of the characters but have a special ventricle in my heart reserved for all the misfit toys!


Hatchi


With all of the sugar-rushes, endorphin-highs from the shopping sprees, and the blissful melodic carols you might just find yourself looking to CRY IT ALL OUT. You know, to even things out. Hatchi is the perfect crying-but-still-feel-good movie that will leave you feeling grateful to see your family fight over their Christmas presents.


Beauty and the Beast 


Ok, let's be cereal right now. There is NEVER a wrong time to watch the most beloved Disney movie of all time. But it definitely feels better when you're cozied up on the big couch, drinking hot chocolate out of your favorite Chip mug, snuggling next to your loves, underneath a ton of blankets, watching the Beast transform from a semi-rude-but-totally-normal-eleven-year-old-boy into a kind-of-handsome-but-definitely-nicer Prince Charming.


These are just some of the movies that make the never-ending Christmas season more bearable. This year though I'll probably watch them to remind myself what winter feels like. We've had weather in the 70s here and I'm dying!


What are some of your favorite December/Christmas movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment