22 May 2015

I Don't Want to Adult Today



Internet bill. Netflix bill. Gas. Electricity. Water. Rent. Student loans. Alarm clocks. Business Casual. Overtime. 401K. Taxes.

These are adult things. These are the things that turn your hair gray, make you stress eat, and make wonder if you should gamble that dollar on the lottery or buy a burger at McDonalds.


These are the things no one tells you about when you're 10 and wanting to run away from home so you can be an adult and eat ice cream whenever you want, skip school, and stay up late.

Being an adult does have some advantages but for those days when you Just Can't Even.

Why don't you try some of these things and release your inner flower child.   





1.) Leave the work emails Unread. 
It's okay. They will still be there tomorrow. Believe me.

2.) Sing in the shower. 
The reason people love to sing in the shower is the crazy good acoustics. So go ahead and belt out those high notes, inflect those crazy warbles, and rock that shampoo mic.

3.) Bake something. 
Or eat the dough right out of the bowl. Go ahead and ruin your appetite.

4.) Go outside.
Whether it's with a blanket and a book or your dog and frisbee - go outside and enjoy it! Take in the sounds of nature, the smell of the grass and dirt, & throw that frisbee as far as you possibly can.

5.) Don't get out of bed.
Except to pee and get more food.

6.) Get a kid's meal.
Remember when you would beg your parents to just, please, one time get a kid's meal with the cool toy and this was the last time you promise?

7.) Cuddle up with your furbabies. 
I think this one is pretty self explanatory.

8.) Watch all the Disney movies! 
And yes of course you can sing along.

9.) Watch some nostalgic cartoons.
Rugrats. The Flintstones. Life with Louie. Bobby's World.

10.) Camp outside in your own backyard. 
There may still be creepy bugs but at least you know there won't be bears and you don't even have to worry about wiping with leaves.



For those days when you just can't even, what do you to get through it?

15 comments:

  1. Love this! Some days I just don't want to be an adult because I can't even... And yes, I've gotten a kids meal more the once, sometimes just for the toy! Ice cream for lunch sounds pretty good too! Thanks for the ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I love this list :) I was just thinking about how much fun it would be to camp outdoors. I'd absolutely love to try that. And also eat cookie batter. Mmmmm...

    Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that I'm not God, I am his child and I can give Him all the repsonsibility!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely not a camper. I'm like a cabin camper. Haha. But a nice nature walk might be nice. And cookie or cake batter is the best!


    Hope you have a good weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! I went to McDonalds a ridiculous amount of times when they had the Lego Batman toys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cartoons and coloring baby! Thats my favorite way to escape "adulting"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to do all of these things! I don't know why I thought being a grown-up would be fun. Yes, there are some fun things like wine and spontaneous vacations, but everything else just no. I just want to be a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I spent yesterday eating leftover brownie batter straight from the bowl and cuddling my cat while watching Netflix in bed. All day. I don't even feel bad about it lol. Sometimes you just need a break from adulting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! That sounds lovely! No shame in brownies and cat-snuggles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know! And I was talking to someone about how when you're young you get money or things you actually need for gifts and when you're an adult and you actually NEED these things and would appreciate them you're too old for gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love coloring books. They're so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh, yes, Disney movies and cuddling with pets! I love going outside (a little less so in the spring, but only because I'm allergic to flower sex), and I tend to cook a lotttt when I'm stressed out, hahah. :P

    I went with my friend to McDonald's to get a happy meal last year because they had the minions from Despicable Me as toys! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the minions! One of my co-workers got some big ones for his desk - they are awesome. Our spring has been really wet this year but I work in a place with no windows so I like to get out as often as I can. Even if when I do I recoil from the brightness.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 11. Read Harry Potter all day long.

    ReplyDelete