05 December 2014

Silence

Silence
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Published by: Simon and Schuster


This is Book 3 in a 4 part series. You can read my reviews for Book 1 and Book 2.


*This post contains spoilers.*


Nora wakes up in a cemetery with no clue how she got there, how long she'd been there, or even what she had for breakfast that morning. When she finally gets to hospital and is told by police that she has been missing for three months, Nora starts to panic. Where was she? Who had her? And if she was only missing for three months why can't she remember the last five of her life? Trying to figure out what happened to her is made harder by the fact that the world didn't stop while she was away. Her mom is dating Marcie's dad, Vee is totally over boys, and everyone in school is talking about her. As Nora starts to regain her memory and remembers the war she's in the middle of, she realizes that she is going to have to put a stop to it once and for all. 





I'm sorry to say that with every book my heart dies a little bit more. Like the second book, Silence just didn't leave me wanting more. It took me a good week to read this book, so often did I put it down or find something else to do. 

The fact that Nora can't remember what happened to her for five months seems as just a device to make her and Patch all hot and bothered again. It seems that Fitzpatrick uses Nora's specific amnesia to bring Nora and Patch together again with heat, intensity, caution, and to start the whole should-I-or-shouldn't-I trust him back and forth. It was tiring to have to have all the same reactions, arguments, hesitations. 

The book went on way too long and not much happened within its pages. There is a bit of action at the end, a bit more of the mythology thrown in but over all this book was just a very long, boring segue to what I'm hoping will be infinitely more thrilling conclusion. Though, I must admit that my optimism for this series is waning. 



I give this book 2 out of 5 cateyes. 






No comments:

Post a Comment