25 December 2014

Happy Christmas




Happy Holidays everyone! 


Christmas is usually a time of cuddling on the couch, watching Elf and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. There is hot chocolate to drink, coffee to drink, lots and lots of dark chocolate to eat.

This year though...none of that happened.

It's been unseasonably hot. I haven't worn my peacoat once this year - sticking mostly to jeans and hoodies. It's way too hot for soup, hot chocolate, or cuddling on the couch with blankets and sweaty bodies.

It doesn't feel like Christmas at all. Sure the stores have been blasting the music, the presents were wrapped underneath the tree, lots of people are wearing red. But it still doesn't really feel like Christmas. At least not one I'm used to. I guess people who celebrate south of the equator always have hot Christmases.

Anyway...

In keeping with tradition we got another real tree and decorated it soon after Thanksgiving.


There were wrapped presents underneath it but John and I opened each other's gifts last night.

John got me a lot of awesome stuff most notably a BOOKSHELF! Yes, yes, and three times yes!


Via Target.




And Taylor Swift's CD.

Not even kidding!

We listened to it on repeat while we built the shelf last night.

I gave him a lot of tools that he had been wanting and needing. Clamps, a toolbox, a work light, and some other stuff.

Because we have no kids, just furbabies, we spoiled them a bit and got them new harnesses, some rope toys, some squeaky toys, a new lead, and tasty bones.

Mum made them liver treats that they absolutely LOVE.

I got some other gifts from my parents and uncles and aunts. My parents gave me some lefty fabric scissors that I HOPEHOPEHOPE will give me better cutting control when I sew. And this awesome, super soft SHEEP ROBE.

That I wore to work to keep myself warm during my shift. 

All in all, this was a pretty good Christmas. Looking forward to New Year's Eve/Day when I'll be OFF of work and will get to have unbridled fun ringing in 2015!



No comments:

Post a Comment