02 April 2014

Call Me Mommy

I have been busy with work, life, and house-cleaning/working/organizing so I haven't had the chance to type up a proper blog post.

But yesterday John and I had a major life-changing moment. We'd been discussing it for a while and finally decided it was time to take the plunge.


And get a dog!!!!





We went to Animal Care Services on Monday and looked at all the dogs they had there. We fell in love with some German Shepard puppies because they were all fluffy and tiny but ultimately decided that puppies would be a bit too much to take on.



So then we found a 2 year old German Shepard/Horse blend. He was huge!!! But very friendly so we took him out on a walk. Well...John took him out on a walk. And he was so energetic! Running every which way and trying to chase the other dogs that were being walked. We thought that he might be too rambunctious so we decided to take out Noah, a 6 year old, Border Collie blend.



And he was the sweetest thing ever! He was so well behaved. He didn't chase any cats or other dogs and he seemed to know sit, stay, and what a leash was.

We decided that he would be perfect for us. So we went back on Tuesday to fill out all the paperwork and we brought him home later that day.

Well we actually went to my mum's house first and she loved him too. He loved her big backyard and he liked that we were all sitting outside petting him.

He also loved when John would throw and try to get his stuffed armadillo. Yes, I bought my big, old dog a puppy toy but it was too cute!

He's the perfect mix of fun-loving and energetic mixed with let-me-guzzle-some-water-and-rest-a-minute.



So even though Noah can't CALL me mommy, I am going to consider myself one.

No comments:

Post a Comment