09 September 2013

I love British TV

I Love British TV



Disclaimer: The videos in this post are NOT SAFE FOR WORK; you can read it though.


I absolutely love me some good British TV. But as I don't have cable or an antennae I can only say that about things I've seen on Netflix. But the shows I have seen are great and depending on my mood, I'd rather watch some of their stuff than American stuff.


Their editing is more creative.

Sherlock
I am in love with Sherlock's editing.

Super simple but very effective.



I find their fart jokes, barf scenes, and awkward sex scenes hilarious because even though they are totally and completely crazy it doesn't come off as them just trying to get viewers; something I think some shows in the US try too hard to do (like Family Guy).

The Inbetweeners
The Inbetweeners 




They aren't afraid for "teenage" shows to be dark, moody, and complex.

Being Human
Being Human
Versus our American version. I only saw two episodes though so maybe I didn't give it a fair chance but it just didn't hit me the same way as the UK one did.




Their "teenage" shows also seem to piss Americans off.

Skins
I loved Skins. Guilty Pleasure. 


They have their own sort of comedy that American shows simply cannot reproduce.

The IT Crowd
The IT Crowd

I love Roy.


They make the boring lives of aristocrats and the mundane lives of servants incredibly engrossing.

Downton Abbey
Downton Abbey

Things you wouldn't think you'd be interested in, like nurses and nuns delivering children, become fascinating to watch because you could never imagine wearing heels while pregnant or giving birth in your home.

Call the Midwife
Call the Midwife


Because their version of Friends is better.

Coupling
Coupling


The terror of The Melty Man! Men be afraid!



They make good mini-series of classic novels so that I don't have to read them.

Pride and Prejudice
Pride and Prejudice 

Emma
Emma 

Wuthering Heights
Wuthering Heights

So as you can see I love me some British TV and it's definitely because of more than just their accents.

What are your favorite British shows? Are there any good British shows I should check out?

No comments:

Post a Comment