19 September 2013

Looking Forward To:

It's that time of year where everything is turning up fall. It's supposedly right around the corner. Starbucks is already serving up their Pumpkin Spice everythings.

But not here. We've got a few more months of upper 80s. And that's ok with me. I'm a big fan of fall, but since we don't really get one I can't complain when it's short.

There are a few things I am looking forward to as the colder weather draws near (drinking a hot pumpkin spice isn't among them).

Moving
Our lease is up soon and John and I cannot wait until we move. This time instead of trying to fit all our stuff into a tiny space, fight for parking spots close to our door, or worry about how loud we watch Netflix at one o'clock in the morning -- we will be moving into a rental house. With a yard. And a bigger kitchen. Ohmyglob I cannot wait. I have been wanting to just go home and sit outside with no TV, no technology... but both of us don't fit on the balcony. Soon we'll have a front yard and a back yard to sit out on and just take in the humidity.

I'm literally counting down the days.


[You can see other tiny apartments here.This is why I think people who move to New York are crazy.]

My Birthday
For the past few years I've had lackluster birthdays. I don't have many friends and I was always living in a tiny apartment so it was pretty understandable. This year however I'm hoping that it will be a bit of a more fab affair with my friends and John's friends to invite as well. Plus, I'll be 25. Which is like...old. I'll be a quarter of a century and that is something to celebrate.

If I'm not looking like this after my three-day birthday weekend I will be tres sad. 
New Years
New Years is always an exciting time because it's a time for new beginnings and resolutions that you will totally do...until the 2nd. But I am particularly fond of New Years since it's the day John and I got together.

I'd like to tell you that we looked like this last year but I don't really remember much after midnight...which means
we totally did not sip champagne.  


Thanksgiving Week
Every year my dad and my brother go camping during the Thanksgiving Week. When I only worked weekends this was cool because I'd head over to my mums and we'd watch a lot of TV. It's tradition that when the boys are gone we watch the entire Pride and Prejudice BBC Miniseries and The Sound of Music. Then, we'd watch Christmas things or Bridget Jones's. This week I only have a few days off so we'll have to start early and end late. This is not the only time of year we get to be giddy and girlie but it is the only time of year we can do so without my brother and da making faces.






Christmas
I love Christmas with its lights, pine scent, and colorful wrapping paper. I love presents too! I love giving them just as much as I love getting them. Though, really I'm so old now that I would rather get housey things than anything else. I'm really excited to decorate our house (!) with Christmasy things. I had a real tree last year and the smell was absolutely incredible.

And they air How the Grinch Stole Christmas which is one of my favorites.


Thanksgiving
Always kind of a lack-luster, lazy holiday for me but still awesome because when else are you able to stuff all kinds of carbs into your mouth with no one saying anything bad about it?

I work this Thanksgiving so this will be my thanksgiving meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment