27 August 2014

Some Favorite (Bluegrass) Tunes

There are some that you just have to crank up and sing at the top of the your lungs. Some that make you weepy and sad and remind you of your ex. Others are ones you can listen to over and over again without getting tired. Some introduce you to an entirely new genre, new outlook, new perspective.

Music speaks to everyone in different ways. There are so many versions, variations, interpretations, emotions associated with notes and chords.

I love all kinds most kinds of music. I go through phases of genres. Once I go through the phase though, it sticks with me forever.

I get asked what kind of music I listen to quite often. And the answer isn't simple. I listen to a lot of different things dependent on my mood, the time of day, the number of people in the room.

But there are some that I can listen to again and again. Here are some of my favorite blue/bluegrass songs.




Erick Baker - Crazy 



John Fullbright - Satan and St. Paul 



Josh Ritter - Harrisburg 



Robert Earl Keen - I Gotta Go 




Max Stalling - The Pila Song



Turnpike Troubadours - Before the Devil Knows We're Dead


And lastly, 


Steve Martin & The Steep Canyon Rangers ft. Edie Brickell - Pretty Little One 




If you liked any of these, let me know. And if you have any suggestions based on these, I'd love to hear it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment