20 May 2014

Literary Junkies # 3

I can't believe it's already been another month! I swear they seem to be going so quickly. Time for the link-up. Hope you enjoy.





1. What are you currently reading? Tell us about it!
Right now, I'm trying (again) to read The Gunslinger by Stephen King.

The book is the first in The Dark Tower series and I know that I will absolutely love the series as soon as I can get into them but this first book is a slow one. I've read it before but then forgot what happened so I'm reading it again before starting the second one. But I love Stephen King so I must.power.through.it!

2. Do you judge a book by its cover? What cover elements make you not want to pick up a book? 
I always and completely judge a book by its cover. I know it's a horrible thing to say but I can't help it. I think that if the cover is lame the inside must be too. Any cover that isn't visually appeal just...no. The exception to this is when a friend suggests a book to read.

3. Do you participate in any other bookish link-ups? Tell us about them so we can join next time!
This is the only book/literary link-up I do.

4. Have you ever watched a movie that was better than its book version? Explain yourself!
Memento. I know that it's not technically a book but a short story but the way that the Nolan's made that crazy, impressive short story into a movie was awesome. The editing, storytelling, and coloring all added to the plot that I think it really did outdo the story.


You can read the short story here on Esquire's website.

5. Summer is here! Do you read more often during any particular season?
I don't think I read more during any particular season but I do read in waxes and wanes. Sometimes I just can't get into a book then a few weeks later I'll pick up the same book and read it in one sitting.

6. What is the worst book you've read this year? Why?
I never finish a book I don't like. That said, I don't think I've particularly hated any book that much this year...so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment