13 August 2013

New Girl Season 1



New Girl (2011)
Created by: Elizabeth Meriwether
Starring: Zooey Deschanel, Jake Johnson, Max Greenfield, Lamorne Morris

Thursday I finished the first season of New Girl. I watched it off and on while cleaning (haha cleaning) or  typing out my blogs because they aren't particularly thought provoking and they're only 26 minutes long so I feel like I get a lot done by the time I've watched six in a row.

The very first time I watched the first episode was probably when it came out in 2011. My friend Jacki was completely loving the show and I watched it at her apartment once. I didn't like it then. This time around I was more open to it but Zooey's character still gets on my nerves sometimes.



New Girl stars Zooey Deschanel as Jess, an elementary school teacher who gets dumped by her loser (now ex) boyfriend. She needs to find a place to live and ends up in the best fbang apartment I have ever seen! With three guys who have all been friends forever and need, for some inexplicably reason, another person to split rent. I mean, I get that they have to split rent but why now? Who knows.



Anyway, like I was saying I feel that Jess's character (and Zooey herself) try too hard to be awkward. But that may just be me. Actually, judging by all the things I see on Pinterest and Facebook about nerdy chic it is just me.



There were times John and I found ourselves laughing but most of those came from Schmidt (Max Greenfield).

Schmidt is just this self-absorbed douchebag. He routinely has to put money into their Douchebag jar (like a swear jar). As much as I would dislike his character in real life, in the show he ended up being the most lovable for me.



Nick (Jake Johnson) turned me off with all of his soap boxes. (He give some big oration at least once an episode.) His best episode was Fancyman Part 1.



Winston (Lamorne Morris) doesn't seem to play a very lead role. Sometimes I even forget he's there.

Still, overall I liked the show. I will watch the second season when it comes out on Netflix but I will not get completely geek-crazy over it.



Hipster weird girl or not  I would wear every single one of the outfits Jess did. If you would too you can go to this website that is dedicated to what she would/has worn.





Though I think that some of those dresses were waaaay too short for an elementary teacher. Doesn't she sometimes have glitter to pick up or something? But I guess that's beside the point.





I give New Girl (Season 1) 4 out of 5 popcorn.



No comments:

Post a Comment