06 August 2013

Cajun Night

Lately, John's cousins have invited us to eat dinner with them on Sundays. It's like a family night thing. They each take turns making dinner. The first time around they got to choose what to cook but this time around everyone else chooses. His cousin is a chef so everyone said that he had to make gumbo. And being that he's a chef he made a salad also.

I'd never had hearts of palm before. They are so tasty. 

Then, his amazingly delicious duck gumbo. I'd never had duck before but it was seriously delicious. 



I decided to make bread pudding since I figured it would go with our Cajun night. I've never cooked anything because sometimes I work Sundays and I don't have the time to cook before I get out. So I thought I'd try my hand at dessert. I used this recipe



It came out pretty damn good, if I do say so myself. The sauce was really, really sweet. I added the whiskey...and then a bit more. It definitely gave it a bit of a kick. The recipe says you're supposed to pour the sauce over the entire thing but I left it, in case someone didn't want it. 



It was a fun night and next week we have BBQ to look forward to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment