19 July 2013

Introducing Silverscreenin': Movie Reviews

I've mentioned before that I was at first, an English major and then a film major. I should, in theory be great at writing movie reviews. Haha. Don't be so naive. I am not a great movie reviewer. My reviews tend to be very basic and short.

"Aww Iron Man was great!"
"What did you like about it?"
"Duh! Robert Downey Jr. of course."

I mean, really. I hope to look that good when I'm older. But I'm not sure my beard will grow in that evenly. Via


Kidding. Sort of. Though my infatuation with RDJ is now probably starting to border on "creepy" I loved the first Iron Man movie greatly. But I have a hard time pinpointing what it is about a movie that I love. I used to be okay at writing papers in my film classes but I haven't taken one of those in ages.

So, in keeping with my new "quit bitching" mantra I'm going to try to write reviews about the movies and TV shows I see, because then I won't feel so bad about watching eight of them in a day.

And by writing reviews semi-regularly I'm hoping to get better at them. But I guess you can be the judge of that.

My first review will be: The Talented Mr. Ripley. You can be on the lookout for that one tomorrow.

Look for my reviews under the Silverscreenin' tab.

No comments:

Post a Comment