18 March 2014

Literary Junkies - My First Time

So it seems that there is this thing called Literary Junkies who answer a few questions each month about what they're reading! I think this is pretty amazing. So I decided to join them. Not only will it help me find more books to read but it will keep me going on my 25 Books This Year Challenge. Right now I've read 7.






Pink Heels Pink Truck




1. What are you reading right now? Tell us about it!
Right now I'm reading Devoted by Hilary Duff. I read her first book Elixir last week and even though the book isn't the best of YA, I can't just stop. It's not totally horrible though. I was actually surprised that the book was as good as it is - I was kind of skeptical about her writing abilities. 



Anyway, the book is about Clea who finds a guy in all of the pictures she's in. Freaked out she tries to figure out who he is and what, if anything, he wants from her. 


2. What was your favorite series to read when you were a kid?
When I was younger I absolutely loved reading science books. I wanted to read every science book in our tiny school library. Things like National Geographic, Eyewitness books. Anything science-y. It wasn't until about 7th or 8th grade I really got into fiction books. 



3. The world is ending: What 3 books do you save from your collection in hopes to contribute to whatever new society forms?
Oh man! This is a tough one. 

I'm going to count the entire Harry Potter series as one book because...I can. I'd go with that choice to show how children's book can be literature, to show the new society what good values are, and because it's awesome. 



For the second book I'd choose Brave New World as a cautionary tale. 

And The Things They Carried, so that they can understand the ramifications of war. 


4. What is your favorite genre to read? Why?
I absolutely love Young Adult fiction. I should probably be past it by now but I love the fact that there is no sugar coating in YA. Also, unlike adult fiction wherein sex and lust can get in the way of the actual plot, YA books don't tend to focus heavily on that. There may be sex in it, but it's not what the plot revolves around. Then, when things like Hunger Games or Harry Potter happen it's that much more astounding that these no-longer-children-not-yet-adults are able to handle more than they bargained for. 


5. If you wrote a book about your life, what would the title be?
"Who, Me?"

6. What is next on your “to-read” list? Tell us about it!
After I finish Devoted I will read the last in the three-part series called True


So that's what I've been reading lately. I wish I could say it was something more substantial like War and Peace but...nah.

No comments:

Post a Comment