27 March 2015

Dessange VoxBox Review

Oleo Miracle Collection



I received my third Influenster VoxBox recently and I was pleasantly surprised with its contents. I actually made a video of my unboxing which you can view below.







It's been a couple of weeks that I've been using the entire Oleo Collection so I feel good giving my opinion on this system.


First, let's get the prices out of the way. These babies are not cheap.



Dessange Paris Oleo Miracle Replenishing Shampoo - 24.23


Dessange Paris Oleo Miracle Replenishing Conditioner - 24.95


Dessange Paris Oleo Miracle Replenishing Oil  - 24.39



You're looking at a total of $73.57 if you were to buy the entire system from Amazon.

Now I want to say that I am a cheapskate. I don't spend 25$ on my hair care products. Mostly because I have to use so much of it that the money versus amount of uses just isn't worth it. I'm not adverse to paying $10 - $15 for some good products but I also have a very temperamental scalp. It flakes really easily with most shampoos and conditioners.

So under normal circumstances I would have never bought this complete system but I'm so glad that I was given a chance to try it out.

This stuff totally works.

I found that my hair was less tangled, more easy to manage, and felt ten times as soft as it usually does.

As I mentioned in the video, I'm not a fan of the scent but it's not so off-putting that I couldn't use it. I really wish it came in another scent...but oh well.

The shampoo lathers really well, rinses clean and easily. The conditioner is really thick. It's almost like a hair mask. I was scared that it would leave my hair heavy with product. The first time it did but I think it's because I didn't wash all of the product out. As easy as the shampoo is to rinse, the conditioner is a bit trickier. It is so thick that you will have to stand underneath the shower and make sure that all of it is completely rinsed off before getting out. I use mousse to style my hair but wanted to incorporate the oil into it while it was damp to see if it would help. I didn't notice any real difference to my style after it air dried but when I used the oil to smooth fly-aways and tame the ends, it really worked its magic.


I'm really happy I got this product because it seems to have undid a lot of damage that my hair has from my hothot environment. Unfortunately I wouldn't buy this again on a regular basis.

I am already almost out of the conditioner so that, to me, is way too expensive a product.
The shampoo will probably last me another month or two, if I switch it out with another shampoo on other days. I might buy this once a year and use it every so often when I feel the need to revitalize my hair. The oil, even though it's the smallest of all the bottles really is where you get the most bang for your buck. You only need a drop or two for your entire head so it will last you quite a long time. I can see myself buying this to keep my ends from splitting and to tame my fly-aways without the added weight of another product. But then again there are a lot of oils coming out on the market and I know that the Dove Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment works as well and it's half the price.


If you have seriously damaged hair and a great job where dropping 75$ for hair products ain't no thang...then go for it. It really does work and I'm sure that if you continue using it, you'll have super pretty commercial-ready hair. If you're on a budget opt for the oil - works well and will last a while.


Let me know if you received this box, if you tried it out, and what YOUR opinions were on it. I'd love to hear about your experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment