20 March 2015

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt


Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Created by: Robert Carlock, Tina Fey
Starring: Ellie Kemper, Tituss Burgess, Jane Krakowski
Available on: Netflix



If you, like me, have been re-watching 30 Rock on repeat since its death, you'll be happy to know that you can finally put it on pause and watch Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt instead. Or in addition to - I don't judge.

Created by Tina Fey & Robert Carlock (both of whom were executive producers of 30 Rock) Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is similar in style and humor but different in its outlook.



Kimmy Schmidt (Ellie Kemper) has just been rescued from the underground bunker where she's spent her last 15 years. She decides that instead of staying in the small town, she will go and live her life in New York City.



Kidnapped in 1999, remaking her life in 2015 is a bit more difficult than she would have thought. Oblivious to things like iPhones, creeper pedo vans, and math; Kimmy doesn't always know what's going on, but her optimistic outlook on life (and her knowledge of true fear & entrapment) keep her smiling and happy.



Her sunny deposition contagiously catches to those around her as well. When Kimmy finds out that her roomate, Titus Andromedon (Tituss Burgess), really wants to be a singer, Kimmy sings with him right in Times Square. Her never-ending search for happiness, doesn't just start and end with her. She is always ready to help others in need as well.



With jokes on social structure and over-the-top characters, the show keeps audiences right on laughing. The story is more than just humor and crazy shenanigans. The situations that the characters get up to, do have a sense of purpose and drama, albeit in a light and funny way.



The show starts off a bit slow but by episode three you'll be laughing right along with Kimmy and you'll be invested in the crazy cast of characters.


I give this show 5 out of 5 popcorn.





14 comments:

  1. I've been watching this! Its pretty funny! Plus she has super cute clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesomeeee! YESSS I need to watch this tonight haha.

    thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    stop by and chat: http://storybookapothecary.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've watched the whole first season! I think it's so funny and it also has a really positive message.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard about this show a lot lately! It sounds awesome! :] So glad to hear that it's on Netflix! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I added this to my queue the second it popped up in Netflix! Maybe I'll binge watch it this weekend finally. I came to say hello from the Blogging Elite group!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ashley, thanks for dropping by.


    My friend was the first one to tell me about it actually. I thought it was a comedy special. Haha. I'm sure you'll like it though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the message too. It's great that it was funny and yet so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes you must! I'm sure you'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought the same thing about her clothes! I love bright colors and lots of things meant for children/tweens. She's great about rocking it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm pretty obsessed with this show. I finished it pretty quickly when I was hungover one day and it put me in the best mood. Not only is the not-to-subtle social commentary brilliant, every single character brings something hilarious to the table. My favorite character is the maid. Rewatch the show and then watch the maid.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will definitely do that. I remember her a bit but I know that there are probably tons of funny things in the background. Glad it got another season!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just added this show to my list on Netflix, and I officially CANNOT WAIT to watch it! All of the previews look so hilarious. I know I'm going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I'm sure you will. It's great. Definitely happy to see Tina Fey doing another show.

    ReplyDelete