16 January 2015

Cranberry Orange Muffins




I bought cranberries the other day. They looked so beautiful I couldn't pass them up.



But I had no idea what I would do with them. So I started scouring the internet for some recipes. 



And I landed on some muffins over at Sally's Baking Addiction.


After mostly following the recipe (I swapped the yogurt for sour cream) I ended up with some really pretty, very tasty...cupcakes.

Yeah, they tasted more like cupcakes than actual muffins. I think muffins as more bready and these were very sweet, very cakey.

That didn't mean that they weren't delicious though. As an added bonus you can put the orange  glaze on top which gives a nice fresh kick of citrus flavor.

Overall, these came out really good. If you still have some cranberries (fresh or frozen) from the holidays that you don't quite know what to do with, give these a try. 




1 comment:

  1. these look delicious! I love muffins :D


    http://StorybookApothecary.com ♥

    ReplyDelete