02 January 2015

2014 - In TV & Movies






January 2014
  • The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - Ben Stiller
  • American Hustle - David O. Russell
  • The Square - Jehane Noujaim
  • Blood Brother - Steve Hoover
  • Silver Linings Playbook - David O. Russell
  • Eagle vs Shark - Taika Waititi
  • Alexander's Ragtime Band - Henry King
  • Apollo 13 - Ron Howard
  • Mona Lisa Smile - Mike Newell
  • Dexter - Season 6, 7, 8

I have two things to say. One: I am leaving tomorrow on a bus. Two: that could change.




February 2014  
  • Eat, Pray, Love - Ryan Murphy
  • Upside Down - Juan Solanas
  • Zodiac - David Fincher
  • Holes - Andrew Davis

  • The Following - Season 1 
  • Sherlock - Series 3 
  • Downton Abbey - Series 4
  • A Chef's Life - Season 1 




March 2014
  • Girl in Progress - Patricia Riggen
  • Pretty in Pink - John Hughes
  • Mary and Max - Adam Elliot
  • The Butler - Lee Daniels 
  • Tim's Vermeer - Teller 
  • Despicable Me 2 - Pierre Coffin, Chris Renaud
  • Girl, Interrupted - James Mangold
  • Delivery Man - Ken Scott 
  • Inception - Christopher Nolan 
  • Man of Steel - Zack Snyder 
  • Inequality for All  - Jacob Kornbluth
  • Frozen - Chris Buck, Jennifer Lee
  • Rio - Carlos Saldanha
  • The Wolf of Wall Street - Martin Scorsese
  • The Usual Suspects - Bryan Singer 
  • The Switch - Josh Gordon, Will Speck 



And even though I'm an atheist, I still wear my yarmulke as it keeps my brain warm.


April 2014 
  • The Amazing Spider Man - Marc Webb 
  • Instructions Not Included - Eugenio Derbez
  • Room 237 - Rodney Ascher

  • Orphan Black - Series 1 
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Season 1 


You’ll have to learn English, because when she starts talking you won’t understand her.


May 2014 
  • The Amazing Spider Man 2 - Marc Webb 
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier  - Anthony Russo, Joe Russo
  • Lucky Number Slevin - Paul McGuigan
  • Instructions Not Included - Eugenio Derbez

  • Bletchley Circle - Series 2  
  • Switched At Birth - Season 3 
  • Call the Midwife - Series 3 
  • Mr. Selfridge - Series 2 
  • Scott & Bailey - Series 2, 3 
  • Bob's Burgers - Season 1, 2, 3 


June  2014 
  • The Green Mile - Frank Darabont
  • The Fault in Our Stars  - Josh Boone

  • Rectify - Season 1 
  • Orange is the New Black - Season 2 
You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I'm grateful.


July 2014 
  • Ever After: A Cinderella Story - Andy Tennant 
  • Amelie  - Jean-Pierre Jeunet
  • Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - Matt Reeves

  • Hello Ladies - Series  
  • Sherlock - Series 1, 2, 3  
  • Lark Rise to Candleford - Series 1 

Hello ladies, you must think I'm a terrible showoff: you've caught me admiring my limousine. 



August 2014


  • Supernatural - Season 1, 2, 3
  • How I Met Your Mother - Season 1 
  • Lark Rise to Candleford - Series 2 

She smoked this puro, then told me with her freaky voice that I'd make it to the U.S. but not in God's hand, perhaps in the Devil's.


September 2014


  • Breathless - Series 1 
  • How I Met Your Mother - Season 2, 3
  • Vicious - Series 1 
  • Lark Rise to Candleford - Series 3 
  • Supernatural - Season 4, 5
  • New Girl - Season 3 

Sometime the hating has to stop. 



October 2014

  • The Lego Movie - Phil Lord, Christopher Miller
  • The Fault in Our Stars - Josh Boone
  • Death Comes to Pemberley - Daniel Percival 

  • Moone Boy - Season 2 
  • How I Met Your Mother - Season 4, 5 
  • Lark Rise to Candleford - Series 4 

Come with me if you want to not die.




November 2014


  • How I Met Your Mother - Season 6, 7 
  • The Paradise - Series 2 
  • Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee - Season 1 
  • The Fosters - Season 1, 2
  • Supernatural - Season 6



What was that?
F-sharp?



December 2014


Order is the barrier that holds back the flood of death.

  • The Glen Miller Story - Anthony Mann
  • Aladdin - Ron Clements, Jon Musker
  • Snowpiercer - Jonn-ho Bong

    • The Blacklist - Season 1
    • American Horror Story: Coven - Season 3 
    • How I Met Your Mother - Season 8, 9
    • Black Mirror - Series 1 



    MOVIES

    New Favorite: Instructions Not Included
    Previously Watched Favorite: Shutter Island, Inception
    Surprise Like: Snowpiercer
    Surprise Hate: The Giver
    Favorite Documentary: Blood Brother
    Overrated: The Wolf of Wall Street, Frozen
    Underrated: The Railway Man, Instructions Not Included
    Made You Cry: Instructions Not Included, The Fault in Our Stars
    Made You Laugh: The Lego Movie
    Good Weird: Mary and Max
    Bad Weird: Room 237


    TV SHOWS

    Favorite New Series: The Fosters, Bob's Burgers
    Favorite Series (Started Watching before 2014): New Girl
    Surprise Like: The Blacklist, Orphan Black
    Surprise Hate: American Horror Story
    Worst Ending: How I Met Your Mother
    Best Ending: Breaking Bad, Dexter
    Overrated: Orange is the New Black
    Underrated: Rectify
    Made You Cry: The Fosters
    Made You Laugh: Moone Boy, HIMYM, Bob's Burgers
    Good Weird: Supernatural, Hello Ladies
    Bad Weird: Bates Motel, American Horror Story



    6 comments:

    1. Ok, question! I have seen people mention Bunheads several times lately! How old is an appropriate age to watch it?! I have a daughter that dances, but I'm not sure if it's appropriate for a tween!


      Rosemond
      www.bighairandbooks.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    2. This is such an excellent list! Now that 2015 has started, I should keep track of what I watch this year :)

      It's been such a long time since I've seen Eagle vs. Shark...I'll have to rewatch it one of these days.

      For Halloween this year, I'm going to be Louise (though secretly I'm actually Tina).

      ReplyDelete
    3. Louise would be such a fun costume! She's hilarious. I think I'm Tina too.

      I love weird, quirky movies like Eagle vs Shark. There is just something different about them that make me like them.

      I think I started my TV & Movie list in 2012. One of these days I might just have to make an entire spreadsheet. It's really fun to go back and see what I've spent my time on.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I would say 11 or 12 is a good age. It's pretty family friendly. There are some teen-drama scenarios like drinking and smoking but I think overall the morals and lessons outweigh that. They discuss body image issues, goals, and perseverance. If you do end up watching it - let me know what you think!

      ReplyDelete
    5. The fact that you kept up with all of the TV shows and movies that you watched in 2014 in absolutely incredible! I wish I would've done the same. The Fault in Our Stars was one of my favorite movies of the year. Gosh - it was just so good! And it definitely did the book justice. I didn't hate The Giver, but I didn't think it was the best movie in the world. I'd say 3 out of 5. Don't get me started on the ending of HIMYM! Ugh! 9 seasons, and that's what they were leading up to? WHY?! Orange is the New Black is definitely overrated. I got into it toward the end of the first season, but I barely got through the second season. Nothing happened. I don't know that I'll be watching it again if they make more episodes. Supernatural and Bates Motel - two of my favorite shows. Jon and I are going to Supernatural Con in Houston in two weeks! Can't. Freaking. Wait.

      ReplyDelete
    6. I've kept up with all of my TV/Movies for about 3 years now. It's fun to see. I loved The Fault in Our Stars. Did the book justice. I'm not quite sure how I feel about Bates Motel yet...still iffy. You better put tons of pictures up of Supernatural Con. I want to see what I'm (unfortunately) missing.

      ReplyDelete