27 January 2013

Bitchin' About: Stop Lights

I don't particularly like driving. I like the idea of driving. I like being able to get from one place to another but the actual driving part I can do without.

Copyright

Because of the weird hours I work I end up looking at a lot red lights on my way home. 
Copyright
It's 6am on a Sunday. There is no one on the road. And I'm stuck at a red light for what feels like an eternity. I completely understand that it is, in actuality, only a few minutes but it still really, really bugs me. 

In this day and age, with the kind of technology we have there should be no reason for traffic lights to still be solely on timers. They should be on sensors. When I drive up to the light and there is no one around for miles I want that light to turn green so I can get on with my life. 

“Did you know that the average American spends six months of his or her life waiting for red lights to turn green? Six months wasted, waiting for permission to move on. Think of all the other stuff you could do with that time.”
I was totally confused. “In the car?” 
“In your life,” he said.” 
Megan McCafferty, Sloppy Firsts

No comments:

Post a Comment