31 January 2014

Want/Need/Wear/Read & January Update

I know I've been slacking. I've been having a bit of writer's block lately.


John's been working on a project when these winter days are 80degrees out.




As you can see, it was really rusty. John took it apart and sanded it. And he's already put on the first coat of primer. This job wouldn't normally take that long but we've had really beautiful days and then the next it'll freeze so it's been kind of stop-and-start.



We bought a washer last weekend. We desperately needed one as we'd been doing laundry at my mum's or the laundromat. We found a cheap but good one at Home Depot and finally did our first load of laundry at our house. We don't have a dryer though (and didn't feel like buying one right now) so we've been hanging our laundry outside.




I've seen some other bloggers doing this Want/Need/Wear/Read thing and it's not only simple I thought it might be fun, so here's my first stab at it.



Want: A bicycle. I want to ride a bike to work on the days it's nice out and I would love to ride a bike down the renovated Mission Riverwalk area.

Need: Jars, canisters, tupperware. We have really big Pyrex or plastic containers that our turkey comes in. We need different sizes, all with air-tight lids.

Wear: I haven't worn these yet but I bought them! I'm super excited to purchase my first item for my (eventually) new wardrobe.

Read: I started reading Wintergirls yesterday. I love Young Adult fiction and Anderson is one of the great authors who tackle hard issues. She doesn't only do it -- she does it well. This book will be my 4th of my 25 for the year goal.


Click on any of the pictures to be taken to their website for purchase. 
Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment