14 December 2013

Things I Don't Understand

I don't claim to be a genius but I like to think that I know a thing or two. But sometimes fads pop up that I completely do NOT understand.

Right now, this is my current WTF list.


1. The obsession with the movie Mean Girls


I saw the movie. Once. I didn't like it. It wasn't particularly bad but I didn't think it was good. It's a movie about Lindsey Lohan (before her crazy days) in a new high school trying to fit it. She makes "friends" with girls who are nice to her but then mean when she falls for one of girl's exes. The end. Not only is it stupid it wasn't even particularly stupid in a funny way. I don't know if girls are like "Oh, it happened on Mean Girls this is so like my life! I totally want to be a Plastic but they hate me because they can't let go of their loser ex-boyfriend baggage."


I hope that the people who do actually like this movie do so because they think it's funny and they don't like it simply for ideas on how to make other girl's lives miserable.

2. Back button sweaters, blouses, cardigans, etc. 



This sweater is totally adorable. I would buy it and wear it...backwards so that the buttons would actually face frontwards which is how it should be in the first place.

As usual when it comes to fashion I am at a loss for how this became popular. I think the entire trend makes you look stupid. "Oh that poor girl has her sweater on backwards, someone should tell her."

Is it supposed to confuse people? Are we supposed to do a double take and say "Is her head on backwards?! Oh no, it's just her shirt."

If you get this reference, I love you. 

3. Elf on the shelf. 



I see this guy on Pinterest all the time. I don't know what he is, where he's from, who he is, or when he became popular but I just find him super creepy and I don't even care enough to Google what it is he's supposed to be.


4. People who buy expensive wrapping paper. 

The Container Store

This cute polka dot wrapping paper is 9.99$. Are you kidding me?! I love polka dots. I have TONS of polka dot things but 9.99 for paper that someone is going to unwrap in seconds and throw out? You must be super rich because that is crazy talk. Here I am trying to find GIFTS FOR 10$ and you're spending it on the crap you're going to wrap it in?


So, yeah...if someone could explain these things to me...that would be great.






No comments:

Post a Comment