06 April 2013

Rock Climbing Redux @ Reimer's Ranch!


This weekend I went with my dad to Reimer's Ranch Park out in Travis County so that we could use the Christmas gift I gave him.



San Antonio to Travis County 



My dad is a outdoorsy kind of guy and having been to Enchanted Rock on a rock climbing trip with Rock About I decided to get him that for Christmas.

So we woke up at the butt crack of dawn to start our drive to somewhere west of Austin. We got some coffee, a potato and egg taco, and some gas then we hit the road.

We arrived to Reimer's Ranch at about 8:30, so we had about 30 minutes to get situated with our helmets, harnesses and shoes.

At about 9:00 the teaching part of the class started and we learned RED IS DEAD and the double 8 knot (which is obviously not the correct term). After all those safety procedures we hiked to our location and started climbing.


I like this picture because it makes me look like I know what I'm doing.



My dad was so much better than I was. 



My dad belaying. 


After our day of climbing we stopped in Blanco because it looked like they were having a farmer's market. However, they were all packing up by the time we got there.

We walked around their one downtown block. 


Thus ended our rock climbing adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment