22 June 2015

Easy Pet-Parenting with IAMS & Target

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #1StopPetShop #CollectiveBias



Before we got Boyboy last year, I had never had a pet dog in my life. Goldfish and birds? Yes. A dog? No.

But John had been wanting a dog and I always loved their little doggie faces. So when we went to our local pound and found him, we instantly fell in love.





































He was house-trained, knew how to walk on a leash, and loved just lounging around the house. But we thought that he was bored without a companion so we went and got Belle a few months later.







































She's five years younger than Boyboy and it shows! She loves running around the yard, chasing after squirrels, and her loyalty to us is obvious.


John and I love them both to bits. I can't believe it took me over 20 years to finally get a dog. But John can tell you that I was hesitant at first to make such a commitment.

I was scared that caring for dogs would be a lot of work.

And at first it kind of was. We'd get their food at one store, their leash at another. Do they like these snacks or those?

But then I discovered the pet aisle at Target.
*cue angels singing*

And it instantly became easier. I was able to find Belle the perfect pink collar and Boyboy an orange one to match his fur. I realized that I could pick up some IAMS treats while running to get toothpaste. We ran out of milk at the same time the babies ran out of dog food? No problem I can pick up some milk and dog food too.






















At first, we got whatever dog food was cheap. But then I heard that IAMS offers Healthy Naturals & Grain Free Naturals.


























Just like humans, dogs need a healthy balanced diet that goes along with their age, needs, and lifestyle. The fact that IAMS offers so many different kinds of dry dog food was a big help. Both of our doggies are adults but I like knowing that in a few years, when Boyboy becomes an old man, we can buy two different types and both of our babies will still be getting everything they need which makes IAMS a lifelong brand.



IAMS also makes healthy dog treats which we use to train our dogs and to supplement their meals. They love them! We use the small treats.


Once we figured out that Target not only had IAMS Naturals and pet toys, and pet accessories, and even pet costumes - having two dogs became a breeze.



Well maybe not a breeze but breezier.

If you're looking to try out IAMS and its many treats, wet food, and dry food -- for dogs & cats -- snag these coupons on Target's Cartwheel app!

10% off IAMS dog (wet or dry). - Expires 7/25/15
10% off IAMS dry cat food.  - Expires 7/11/15
5% off IAMS wet cat food.  - Expires 7/11/15

So, what tools do you use to make having a pet easier? What are some of your favorite pet-parenting stories? 

No comments:

Post a Comment